01. You start Microsoft Excel and you do not want it to automatically run a macro upon starting. What will you do?
Ans: Hold down the CTRL key during startup
02. How does the AutoComplete feature in Excel help you save time?
Ans: It automatically completes abbreviated words
03. The figure shows a view of the Standard Toolbar. What function is performed by the button marked by the letter 'Z'?
Ans: It copies the formatting properties from one cell to another
04. The figure shows the AutoFit Selection menu option. What function does it perform?
Ans: It automatically resizes the column height and width to the minimum necessary to fit the contents of the selected cell
05. The figure shows a view of the Standard Toolbar. What function is performed by the button marked by the letter 'A'?
Ans: It is used to add a hyperlink
06. Which of the following options would be used if you need to insert a 77889867810070809 number in a cell?
Ans: Apply the Text Format to empty cells, and then type the numbers
07. What is the quickest way to select all the columns on a worksheet?
Ans: Click on the gray rectangle on the upper left corner of the worksheet where the column headings and row headings meet
08. Suppose the value in cell A1 is John and B1 is Smith then which of the following function you will use to get the John_Smith in C1 cell?
09. How can you select all the blank cells in your worksheet?
Ans: This must be done manually as it is not automated through any built-in feature
10. The figure shows an Excel worksheet. If you want to freeze the row showing the months (row 1) and the column showing the products (column A), what should you do?
Ans: Select the cell A1 and click on Freeze Panes under the menu Window->Freeze Panes